How to fix battery draining problem in iPhone 6s.
The apple’s iPhone 6s comes up with non-removable 1715 mAh battery. The phone is optimized well to run for a long time. It can stay up to 24 hrs in standby mode and almost 16 hrs when using 3G. But in few cases when your battery gets damaged. You will see your phone battery getting drained very quickly. The reason for this could be anything ranging from
But in few cases when your battery gets damaged. You will see your phone battery getting drained very quickly. The reason for this could be anything ranging from too background processes to any particular app that is consuming lot of battery mostly the gaming apps consume a lot of your battery. In rare
In rare cases the reason could be your battery getting spoilt in such cases all you can do is get your battery replaced at the apple store.
Before coming to a conclusion that your battery is spoilt you can take few measure and see if your battery performance improves.
Iphone 6s Battery Draining Solution
Tips to improve battery performance:
- Low power mode: Most of us already know about this option in our iPhone. But just in case you didn’t know about it. You should try this for sure, it works like charm almost doubling your battery performance. It force stops the unnecessary background processes and stops few things like: Hey Siri, Email Fetch, Automatic Downloads and reduces few visual effects.
- Avoid Apps that consume a lot of battery: In settings -> Battery. You can check which apps are consuming most of the battery. If there are any apps that are not much useful and yet consuming a lot of battery you could simply uninstall such apps. Keep checking on which apps are consuming a lot battery and try to update those apps if an update is available at the app store.
- Push Mail: If push mail is set to on. Then it could be another reason for your battery draining. When the push mail is on. it will continuously check with the mail server if there is any new mail. Which causes the battery to drain.
How to turn off Push mail: Settings -> Mails,Contacts -> Fetch New Data.
Turn off push mail at the top and you can set the fetch to either 15 minutes or 30 minutes as per your requirement. So that it will only check every 15 minutes for a new mail with the mail server.
- iCloud Keychain: The iCloud keychain keeps all your passwords synced between all your devices. Most of the users have seen a significant improvement in their battery performance after disabling it. You can try that too.
Here is how to disable iCloud Keychain:Settings -> iCloud -> Keychain -> Toggle iCloud Keychain off.
- Location Services: The location services consume a lot of your battery. So make sure you turn it on when you actually need it and turn it off as soon you’re done with it. Because many apps like facebook and twitter using the location even when it is not necessary.
How to turn off location services: Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services.
- Usage Data: The usage data is sent to the apple regularly to make improvements in their user experience. Turning off the usage data would not make any difference to your usage so you can simply turn it off.
How to stop sending usage data to apple: Settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics & Usage, and select -> Don’t
- Turn off push notifications: Push notifications for all apps are not necessary. So turn off push notifications for the apps that notifications are not necessary for.
How to turn off push notifications: Settings -> Notifications and turn off for the apps you don’t want notifications.
- Motion and Fitness:Turn off motion and fitness as it need not keep a track of your steps and motion to calculate your steps.
How to turn how Motion and fitness: Settings -> Privacy -> Motion and Fitness and turn it off.
- Calibrate your iPhone:
There are few steps that you have to follow to calibrate your iPhone.
Step1: Let your phone battery drain to 0% and get switched off by itself.
Step2: Keep your phone for charging for next 2hrs and get it charged fully. Don’t use your phone when it is set for charging.
Step3: Repeat the above steps twice a month at least.
This will surely help in maintaining your battery’s health.
- Turn off automatic downloads: Turn off automatics downloads of apps in app store. The apps will never get automatically downloaded when in low power mode. But in case you want to stop automatic downloads here is what you to do:
How to turn off automatics downloads: Settings -> iTunes and App Store -> Turn off Updates.
- Close the background running apps:We don’t want all our apps to be running in background and stored in cache memory. So only keep the apps you frequently use to make sure that your cache memory isn’t full and decrease the performance.
How to delete background running apps: Double tap the home button and swipe up the apps you don’t use frequently.
The above steps should solve your problem if the problem still persists here are few more things you can do.
- Reset your phone: The battery back-up doesn’t improve right after you reset your phone as it takes time to set up the processes but after few days the battery back should improve. Note: Please make sure that you take the backup of your data before you reset your phone.
The last left option is Replacing your battery: If none of the above-mentioned steps are working for you all you are left to do is replacing the battery. Go to the nearest apple store and ask for a battery replacement.